If you live or work in London, or even if you are just visiting, we hope you will come along to some of our talks and events. We run extremely popular weekly lectures on Wednesday nights from October to April and hold a monthly club supper over the summer months.
We meet at CA House, 1 Northey Street, London E14 8BT. Our HQ is home to the CA’s small administrative team, our library and information centre and cabin accommodation. Ania, our catering manager, and her team, are always happy to see you in the bar and restaurant, which is generally open from 6.00pm on week nights (5.30pm on lecture nights), and from midday at weekends. Lectures begin at 7pm and finish around 9pm with a break for refreshment. The full programme is published on the CA website.
We run a number of special interest courses, talks and seminars during the winter.
Our autumn and spring talks run from October to March. The following talks will take place on Wednesday evenings in CA House:
- 8th February 2017 - Croatia: probably the best cruising ground in the world, by Andrew Osmond
- 15th February 2017 - Choosing a boat to match your cruising aspirations, by Nick Vass
- 22nd February 2017 - Crossing oceans and exotic places, by Lynne Gane
- 1st March 2017 - From Troon to the Spanish Rias, by Peter Lyle
- 8th March 2017 - Some things that can spoil your day at sea, by Vyv Cox
- 15th March 2017 - Round Britain and beyond: a doggy tale, by Derek Lumb
- 22nd March 2017 - Baltic and back in a season, by Bob and Sue Garrett
- 29th March 2017 - Hanson Lecture 2017 - Marlin’s Mission, by Dave Selby
Dates, other details of these talks, and details of events organised by all sections, can be found here.